The firm has been dealing with privacy matters since 2001. The privacy team includes lawyers and consultants as well as a network of experts in order to implement any aspect related to the privacy.
As the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force repealing Directive 95/46/EC, the firm is evermore working on the preparation of all necessary documents in order to assure full compliance for the companies. MEPLAW provides their clients with complete legal services, including the DPO service (Data Protection Officer) and it aims to research, study and implement new methods of data processing and security.
The Department of Privacy Law and GDPR provides the following services:
• Technical analysis of the company tools put in place by the client
• Gap Analysis with respect to GDPR performance
• Assistance in the drafting of the forms envisaged by the GDPR
• Identification and construction of the register of processing operations
• Pre-and-post company audit evaluation
• Assistance in carrying out the “Data protection impact assessment”
• Definition of relevant training plans for company employees and implementation
• Assistance in defining company policies on “privacy by design and by default”
• Assistance in the definition of efficient security measures through “risk analysis”
Department Chief: Avv. Alfonso Massimo Cimò – Senior Associate